In 2021, GSF had a full schedule of research, publications, workshops, and presentations. Sharing knowledge and experience from our 35-years of experience in outreach cleft care is part of our commitment to help build capacity for sustainable cleft care in underserved areas of the world.
- Comprehensive Cleft Care Delivery in Developing Countries: Impact of Geographic and Demographic Factors (The Journal of Craniofacial Surgery)
- Emergency Response Protocols for Overseas Outreach Settings: Global Smile Foundation Strategy (The Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Journal)
- Application of Safety Protocols for International Cleft Outreach Programs During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Global Smile Foundation Precaution Guidelines and Implications (The Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Journal)
- Overturning the Impact of COVID-19 on Surgical Outreach Programs Through Innovation: The Role of Telehealth (Journal of Craniofacial Surgery)
Meetings and Workshops
- Moderator for “Palatal Fistulas: Prevention, Classification, and Treatment” at the International Cleft Palate Master Course, held July 2021 in Amsterdam.
- Presentation of 10 research abstracts at the annual meeting of the American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association.
- Delivered seven sessions at the 4th International Comprehensive Cleft Care Workshop held in Istanbul, Turkey October 2021.
- Presented “Educator Workshops: Skills Training” at the Symposium: Crossing borders to improve global treatment in Plastic Surgery held September 2021.
- Presented “Sustainable Cleft Care through Education: A Comprehensive Model Based on the Global Smile Foundation Experience” in September 2021.
For more information on GSF publications, visit our Publications Page.