Empowerment & Sustainability
Donor generosity makes it possible for the Global Smile Foundation to care for cleft patients, their families, and our on-site medical colleagues long after the missions are complete. Our efforts include medical staff at our mission sites with the knowledge, skill, and confidence to continue to care for patients in the months between missions. We education local medical practitioners and the patients and families we care by offering:
- Psycho-social support and cleft prevention education during patient screening days
- Nutritional counseling
- Speech therapy screening and interventions
- Post-surgery care and feeding training for parents
- Lectures for local medical teams
- Hands-on training for community-based surgeons
Philanthropic support is needed to continue these programs and to expand our reach to the countless communities who are in urgent need of our help.
Copyright © 2017 Global Smile Foundation, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.