Empowerment & Sustainability
Donor generosity enables GSF to bring patient families and on-site medical staff the knowledge, skill, and confidence to continue to care for themselves and each other in the months between missions.
GSF ‘s care for cleft patients, their families, and our on-site medical colleagues lasts long after the missions are complete.
Included in our plan for educating both local medical practitioners and the patients and families we care for are:
- Psycho-social support and cleft prevention education during patient screening days
- Nutritional counseling
- Speech therapy screening and interventions
- Post-surgery care and feeding training for parents
- Lectures for local medical teams
- Hands-on training for community-based surgeons
Philanthropic support is needed to continue these programs and to expand our reach to the countless communities who are in urgent need of our help.
Copyright © 2017 Global Smile Foundation, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.