We believe all communities deserve the right to receive first rate care by highly qualified healthcare professionals regardless of socioeconomic, racial, or religious backgrounds.
Collectively, GSF volunteers recognized the need for not just offering fragmented corrective surgical and dental procedures to patients born with cleft lip and palate deformities, but also the urgent need for implementing comprehensive care coupled with educational and preventive programs.
We strive for empowerment and sustainability in local communities through annual multidisciplinary outreach programs which include:
- Extensive & integrated educational programs
- Hands-on training
- Educational conferences & lectures
- Development of local cleft teams at each site
- Guidance & support of local partners to ensure advanced cleft care for local populace
- Nutritional and preventative programs such as prenatal folic acid supplementation, cessation of smoking, etc.
- In addition, GSF partners with well respected onsite nonprofit organizations, local authorities and cleft surgeons to deliver much needed care for underserved patients.
Copyright © 2017 Global Smile Foundation, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.