GSF is presenting twelve sessions at the annual meeting of the American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association (ACPA), the leading organization for cleft care providers in the US. The sessions cover a range of topics in comprehensive cleft care and highlight the important research efforts in which GSF is participating.
Kelly Mabry PhD, CCC-SLP will present “The Role of Flexible Nasendoscopy for Surgical Decision-Making in Outreach Settings.” Mabry is pictured above with other GSF volunteers in Ecuador reviewing a patient’s nasendoscopy results. Her daughter, Teagan Mabrysmith, helped raise money to fund a Nasendoscope for GSF. Mabry is a faculty member for our Comprehensive Cleft Care Workshop.
Dr. Serena Kassam DMD is the Chair of the Pediatric Dentistry Forum at this year’s Annual Meeting and a faculty member for our Comprehensive Cleft Care Workshop as well as the GSF’s Pre-surigical and Dental Division Director. She is presenting several sessions at the ACPA, including:
- Aesthetic Outcomes of Patients With Unilateral Cleft Lip and Palate Following NasoAlveolar Molding Therapy in an Outreach with Nick Toomey and Emma Azurin
- Implementation of a Cleft and Craniofacial Curriculum in an Advanced Education Program in Pediatric Dentistry
- The World Cleft Coalition:Team Reflections
Dr. Raj Vyas MD, FACS and Dr. Ross Sayadi MD presented Using Machine Learning to Develop an Artificial Intelligence Algorithm that Guides Nasolabial Repair. Dr. Vyas is a faculty member of our Comprehensive Cleft Care Workshop.
GSF’s Post-Doctoral Fellows Elsa Chahine MD, Antonio Melhem MD, and Omar Al Abyad MD will share insights from several ongoing research efforts. Sessions include:
- Impact of COVID-19 on Global Smile Foundation Surgical Outreach Programs
- Clinical and Economic Impact of The Global Smile Foundation Surgical Program
- Quality Assurance Guidelines for Mission-Based Cleft Care in Underserved Settings: An Evolving Three Decade Experience
- Sustainable Cleft Care: A Comprehensive Model Based On The Global Smile Foundation Experience
- Simulation-Based Comprehensive Cleft Care Workshops: A Reproducible Model for Sustainable Education
- Perceived Barriers To Comprehensive Cleft Care Delivery: Results From A Capacity-Building Educational Initiative And Implications
Check the GSF Publications page for available content.