Click on the title of each publication for more information.
- Enhanced Recovery After Cleft Lip Repair (Melhem et al., 2022)
- Secondary Cleft Nasolabial Deformities: A New Classification System for Evaluation and Surgical Revision (Sittah et al., 2018)
- Premaxillary Setback with Vomerine Ostectomy: One-Stage Repair of Complete Bilateral Cleft Lip Deformities with a Severely Protruding Premaxilla (Almas et al., 2018)
- Macrostomia: A Practical Guide for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons (Kobraei et al., 2016)
- Adult Cleft Lip Repair Under Local Anesthesia: An Effective Technique in Resource-Poor Settings (Eberlin et al., 2013)
- Combined Use of Infraorbital and External Nasal Nerve Blocks for Effective Perioperative Pain Control During and After Cleft Lip Repair with Primary Rhinoplasty (Salloum et al., 2009)
- Alar Base Flap and Suspending Suture (ABF-SS): A Strategy to Restore Symmetry to the Nasal Alar Contour in Primary Cleft Lip Rhinoplasty (Numa et al., 2006)
Comprehensive Cleft Care Workshops
- The First Hybrid International Educational Comprehensive Cleft Care Workshop (Kantar et al., 2022)
- Simulation-Based Comprehensive Cleft Care Workshops: A Reproducible Model for Sustainable Education (Kantar et al., 2020)
- Sustainable Cleft Care Through Education: The First Simulation-Based Comprehensive Workshop in the Middle East and North Africa Region (Kantar et al., 2019)
Global Surgical Outreach
- International Cleft Surgery Educational Initiatives: Ethical Challenges and Solutions (Kantar et al., 2020)
- Promoting Sustainable Interdisciplinary Cleft Care: The Global Smile Foundation Model (Hamdan et al., 2020)
- Sustainable Cleft Care: A Comprehensive Model Based on the Global Smile Foundation Experience (Chahine et al., 2021)
- A Guide to Developing Safety Protocols for Craniofacial (Salehi et al., 2021)
- Effect of Coronavirus Disease 2019 and Pandemics on Global Surgical Outreach (Azizzadeh et al., 2020)
- Clinical and Economic Impact of Global Smile Foundation’s Surgical Program (Kantar et al., 2020)
- World Cleft Coalition International Treatment Program Standards (Kassam et al., 2020)
- Foundation-Based Cleft Care in Developing Countries (Kantar et al., 2019)
- Use of Safety Measures, Including the Modified WHO Surgical Safety Checklist, During International Outreach Cleft Missions (Patel et al., 2014)
- Implementation of an Emergency Response Protocol for Overseas Surgical Outreach Initiatives (Vyas et al., 2013)
Augmented Reality & Simulation
- Simulation Use in Outreach Setting, A Novel Approach to Building Sustainability (Nader et al., 2022)
- Using Virtual Augmented Reality to Remotely Proctor Overseas Surgical Outreach: Building Long-Term International Capacity and Sustainability (Vyas et al., 2020)
- Three-Dimensional Printed Haptic Simulation Model to Teach Incomplete Cleft Palate (Cote et al., 2018)
GSF is honored to have been awarded “Best Paper of the Year” from the Journal of Craniofacial Surgery for our article on safety protocols during COVID. You can see the article, A Guide to Developing Safety Protocols for International Craniofacial Outreach Programs During the COVID-19 Era, in our publication list for Global Surgery on this page. The article reviews the process of resuming craniofacial outreach programs in low- to middle-income countries (LMICs).
New Textbook Published
Packed with original color illustrations and videos, Interdisciplinary Cleft Care: Global Perspectives draws from the rich national and international relationships between Global Smile Foundation and world experts in cleft care to provide comprehensive, clear, and user-friendly content for all cleft care professionals.
This text is designed to be an inclusive resource that addresses the educational needs of all cleft care providers, from novice learners looking to develop their area’s first multidisciplinary cleft team to seasoned specialists looking to improve their outcomes.