Cleft lip and/or palate affect 1 in every 700 babies born around the world, on average. Where these babies live will determine the kind of care they receive. In low-resource countries, specialized cleft care is extremely limited and virtually non-existant for people who live in underserved areas.
The impact of living with untreated cleft for in these communities is devastating, including:
- Higher risk of infant death
- Greater incidence of poverty and malnutrition
- Poor phyiscal and mental health
- Discrimination and bullying from their communities
Global Smile Foundation is dedicated to making comprehensive cleft care available to all patients regardless of geography, background, or socio-economic status.
How you can help:
- Help raise awareness of cleft and how cleft care changes the lives of underserved patients!
Follow us on social media and share our posts.
- Make a gift now to support healthy smiles.