Our Beirut Story
Beirut is Lebanon’s seat of government and plays a central role in the Lebanese economy, with many banks and corporations based in its city center. GSF completed its 1st mission to Beirut, Lebanon from April 27-May 11, 2012, sponsored by The Talia Foundation. GSF partnered with American University of Beirut Medical Center for surgical procedures and a series of educational lectures. The purpose of GSF’s first mission was to deliver a series of lectures and operate on a small number of patients, paving the way for future missions to Lebanon.
- Provides humanitarian services in various fields for underserved patients
- Sponsored GSF cleft missions to Lebanon since 2012 & coordinates patient screening & recruitment
(From GSF’s most recent mission — April 2016)
This was GSF’s fifth mission since 2012 performing procedures at Bikhazi Medical Group’s Fouad Khoury Hospital and providing a series of educational cleft care lectures at The American University of Beirut Medical Center (AUBMC).
Our Comprehensive Cleft Care Team
- PACU Nurses
- OR Nurses
- Peri-Op Nurses
- Speech Therapists
- Mission Coordinators
Surgical Procedures Performed
- Patients referred by Talia Foundation, UNHCR, UNICEF, Doctors Without Borders, NORWAC & URDA
- 120 Patients Screened
- 32 Surgical Procedure
- 8 Cleft Lip Repairs
- 21 Cleft Lip Revisions
- 3 alveolar fistula repairs
- Professional Psychosocial Support
- VPI Initiative (Speech deficit evaluation & treatment planning)
Copyright © 2017 Global Smile Foundation, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.